The Foundation provides support, in the form of grants, towards artistic and educational projects. Financial support can be requested by non-for-profit arts organisations actively working in areas listed below.
Areas of interest
- Promotion of arts and culture of all Asia and the diasporas.
- Supporting established and mid-career level artists.
- Partnerships that explore global topics in creative ways.
- Courses, lectures, research projects, exhibitions and symposiums that cover a wide range of topics from Asia.
- London is our prime city for showcasing talent. International projects and those in other parts of the UK are considered occasionally.
Grants range from £5,000 – £150,000 and are awarded in two rounds per year.
What we support
The Foundation supports visual arts, digital production, music, written word, heritage & crafts. Most productions fall within the following format:
- Artist exhibitions or retrospectives
- Large scale exhibitions
- New public commissions
- Digital Projects
- Major festivals and biennials
- Prizes and awards
- Long-term and cross-cultural research projects with public outcomes.
- Please be aware that our grants do not support Research & Development-only projects, scholarships and fellowships, and applications submitted by individuals.
How to apply
The Trustees meet twice a year to consider applications. Candidates are welcome to apply within the time limit of each round per year:
- Round 1: 1st December to 31st May (deadline 31st May, closes 23:59 GMT)
- Round 2: 1st June to 15st November (deadline 15th November, closes 23:59 GMT)
Decisions will be communicated to the applicants 2 months after the deadline.
To apply please submit your application in English language or with English translation by emailing at email@example.com. The application form can he found here – all information on how to apply can be found in the form.
To ensure that you can achieve your objectives, we encourage you to reach out to the Foundation’s team for assistance. Before submitting your application, please consider contacting one of our relationship managers at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide a brief overview of your proposal and list any questions you may have via email.
Please note, the Foundation’s office will be working with a reduced capacity until September 2023. A dedicated member of the team will be able to respond to enquiries after this.
All successful applicants will be informed via email about the outcome of the Trustees meeting. The applicants are requested to fill in an end-of-project report which can be downloaded here. Successful applicants can download the Bagri Foundation’s logo with guidelines here.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to contact each applicant with personalised feedback.