The Foundation provides support, in the form of grants, towards artistic and educational projects. Financial support can be requested by non-for-profit arts organisations actively working in areas listed below.
Areas of interest
- Promotion of arts and culture of all Asia and the diasporas.
- Supporting established and mid-career level artists.
- Partnerships that explore global topics in creative ways.
- Courses, lectures, research projects, exhibitions and symposiums that cover a wide range of topics from Asia.
- London is our prime city for showcasing talent. International projects and those in other parts of the UK are considered occasionally.
Grants range from £5,000 – £150,000 and are awarded in two rounds per year.
What we support
The Foundation supports visual arts, digital production, music, written word, heritage & crafts. Most productions fall within the following format:
- Artist exhibitions or retrospectives
- Large scale exhibitions
- New public commissions
- Digital Projects
- Major festivals and biennials
- Prizes and awards
- Long-term and cross-cultural research projects with public outcomes.
How to apply
The Trustees meet twice a year to consider applications. Candidates are welcome to apply within the time limit of each round per year:
- Round 1: 1st December to 31st May (close at midnight GMT)
- Round 2: 1st June to 30th November (close at midnight GMT)
Decisions will be communicated to the applicants within 2 months from the deadline.
To apply please submit your application in English language or with English translation by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form can he found here – all information on how to apply can be found in the form.
Please note that the Foundation team is here to help you achieve your objectives, so we strongly recommend you contact a relationship manager at email@example.com before applying, to discuss your proposal and any queries you might have.
All successful applicants will be informed via email about the outcome of the Trustees meeting. The applicants are requested to fill in an end-of-project report which can be downloaded here. Successful applicants can download the Bagri Foundation’s logo with guidelines here.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to contact each applicant with personalised feedback.