The Bagri Foundation is looking to appoint a Full Time Project Manager to work alongside and support the Head of Arts and Senior Marketing and Communications Manager.
Download the Job Description in pdf form here.
To apply, please send your CV and a short cover letter (no more than two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bagri Foundation, established in 1990, is a family foundation spanning three generations. With a shared spirit of curiosity, we are driven by a desire to learn and are inspired by creative, unique and unexpected ideas that weave the traditional and the contemporary of Asian culture. The Foundation prioritises working collaboratively within a mutually supportive community of partners who share our vision. Through this dynamic and cross-disciplinary way of working, we are able to support a myriad of exciting artistic programmes that challenge, engage and inspire. Through a diverse programme of film, visual arts, music, dance, literature, courses and lectures, we give artists and experts from across Asia, or those inspired by the continent, wider visibility on the global stage.
Our aims are to:
- Contribute to global discourse by encouraging artistic dialogue between cultures and disciplines
- Support new artistic work by extraordinary talent
- Share knowledge and expertise from, about or inspired by cultures across Asia
- Support ground-breaking artistic interpretations and new ideas that creatively engage the traditional and the contemporary
Scope of the Role
The Bagri Foundation is looking to recruit a Project Manager to support the Foundation’s ambitious vision to develop a rich, multidisciplinary event programme via collaborations, grant-giving and partnerships. The Project Manager will play a role in developing new relationships with a wide range of people and organisations in the UK and beyond. The candidate will also be responsible for delivering the Foundation’s diverse programme of activities, including events, exhibitions and online projects, and will liaise with grant-receiving partners.
- To help maintain and further the Bagri Foundation’s position as one of the leading champions of Asian art and culture in the UK through the development of the Foundation’s arts programming.
- To research and propose appropriate projects and present findings to the trustees and colleagues.
- To ensure that the Foundation is developing an exceptionally high-quality event programme and that the projects are being delivered to a high standard of professionalism (on time and budget)
- To measure the impact of projects.
- To support, manage and deliver a range of engagement activities including Bagri Foundation-led, collaborative or co-created public programmes for a variety of target audiences (budgeting and business planning for events, marketing, communication strategy etc.).
- To take an active role in helping shape and curate the projects the Bagri Foundation supports where appropriate, including potential online projects.
- To bring sector specialist skills and innovative thinking to projects to develop new models of public engagement, participation and co-creation practice for the Bagri Foundation.
- To contribute to the creation and delivery of marketing and communication activities including content for the Foundation’s website, social media platforms, newsletters and promotional material.
Knowledge, qualifications & work experience
- Degree in Arts, Art history, Asian studies or other relevant cultural subject
- Knowledge of contemporary, modern or traditional visual arts from across Asia
- Extensive Event, Project Management, Museum or Gallery experience in a voluntary or professional capacity (at least 5 years experience)
- Fluent speaking and writing ability in English
- Master’s Degree in relevant subject
- Public speaking experience
Technical/managerial skills & experience
- Knowledge of the Visual Arts sector with an established contact base in the UK or Internationally
- Programme/project management – Ability to manage projects with multiple partners working to deadlines, against challenging timetables and budgets
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively in multi-tasking contexts
- Professional and efficient approach and great attention to detail
- Experience researching in depth a variety of arts and culture subject matters
- Extensive administrative experience
- Highly proficient in IT packages including Word, Excel, and other general office programmes.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and practical competence in the use of digital technologies, for example: WordPress, media production including image, audio and video
- Ability to develop communication tools and create content for digital platforms (social media, website posts etc.)
- Experience writing contracts and partnership agreements
Specific interpersonal Skills
- Highly flexible with an ability to adapt to new and changing situations
- Fast learner with a proactive approach
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels across the organisation as well as to interact with external partners; to effectively communicate the Foundation’s vision and goals; and to champion projects
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Professional self-presentation and a confident style
- Willingness to work outside normal hours as and when required; to undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required and to travel in the UK and abroad
Budgeting / Finance skills
- Budgeting and business planning, budget management
- Ability to ensure that projects are undertaken on the basis of sound business cases and to conduct regular assessment
- A general understanding of charity finances
Candidates should live within one hour of Central London and the City. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to travel and attend courses as part of the personal development scheme of the Bagri Foundation.